As expected when Google + and Google + Pages for business were introduced a little less than a year ago, Google Places pages have now been replaced by new Google + Local pages.
An overview of what’s new and what’s changing is as follows:
- The substitution of the new Google+ Local pages for Google Places pages
- The appearance of a “Local” tab within Google+
- The integration and free availability of Zagat reviews (its entire archive across categories)
- The integration of Google+ Local pages across Google properties (search, Maps, mobile)
- Integration of a circles filter to find reviews/recommendations from friends/family/colleagues
For more information about what the change involves click here.