There are many things that webmasters can do in order to increase their website’s ranking on SERP (search engine results pages), however, search engine algorithms are constantly changing, so SEO (search engine optimization) techniques that work today, may not work tomorrow. One thing is for sure though; search engine algorithms will always value unique content. With this in mind, here are some tips that will help you to improve your website’s content and, ultimately, its SERP rank for your targeted keywords:
1. Make sure that your website contains high quality, unique content that is easy to read. Many people make the mistake of just writing a collection of random words and phrases that are somewhat related to their niche in the hope of tricking search engine algorithms. The technology behind search engine algorithms is advancing at an alarming rate, however, and it won’t be long before it is possible for the algorithms to automatically detect whether or not a body of text is “human readable.” Furthermore, once your website starts ranking well on SERP, search engine operators may decide to manually review your site. Now, if your site is full of content that makes little sense, your site will be blacklisted from search results when it is put under manual review.
2. Filling your website with high quality, useful articles will almost certainly increase your sales figures. Your website’s visitors will see from your articles that you are knowledgeable about your niche and, as a result, they will be happy to purchase any products or services that you are promoting.
3. Try to write about subtopics in your niche that interest you. Creating high quality, unique articles about subjects that you have no interest in can be tough. When you are interested in the topics you are writing about, however, your passion for the subject matter can help you to churn out great articles in a matter of minutes.
4. If you outsource the creation of your website’s content, always make sure that you proofread all of the articles that you receive and check them for plagiarism. While most freelance writers are genuine people, some writers may send you spun content that is copied from other sources and full of spelling mistakes. Publishing plagiarized articles on your website could destroy your website’s SERP ranking overnight.
5. Make all of the articles on your website interesting. If your website contains interesting articles, visitors will start to share links to your website on social media sites and blogs. These links will increase your website’s SERP rank without you having to do any extra work.
The tips above should help you to improve your website so that it ranks higher on SERP for the long-term. Remember, the higher your website ranks on SERP, the more targeted, organic traffic it will receive and, hopefully, the more money you will make.